Watch battery replacement: £35 (incl. return postage)
Watch battery replacement + pressure test: £45 (incl. return postage)
Postal watch battery replacement pricing for UK customers.
The watch battery replacement service applies to most premium watches (e.g. Tag Heuer, Omega, Longines, Movado, Breitling, Cartier, Tissot, Rado, etc). There are a few exceptions listed a the bottom of the page, if in doubt do not hesitate to contact me.
The majority of watch battery replacements can be completed within 2 working days from receipt, with a maximum 1-week turnaround (the watch will be posted back to you within one week of receipt) guaranteed.
An optional pressure test can also be offered.
Your watch battery replacement will be carried out using only high-quality Swiss made batteries (cheaper batteries are more likely to leak and cause damage in the long run). The watch will be correctly resealed (the caseback gasket will be cleaned, inspected and lubricated, a new gasket will be fitted if necessary). The correct tools will be used to open the case of your watch and avoid risk of damage and scratches. State of the art equipment is used for the optional vacuum and pressure testing (Witchi ALC pressure tester). This is the safest way to test water resistance of your watch after a battery replacement.
How it works:
- You purchase the watch battery replacement using the “BUY NOW” button (you can purchase it with or without the optional pressure test).
- I will email you the address to send your watch to ( my email will be sent to the address you used to make the Paypal payment) – Please check the SPAM folder in your mailbox in case you do not receive an email, as I always send the details within 24hrs.
- You can then post your watch to that address. I recommend using Royal Mail Special Delivery, as it is extremely reliable, fully tracked, and will cover as standard up to £500 in compensation in the unlikely event of an issue. Additional compensation is available up to £2500. Please make sure you keep the tracking details.
- You will receive confirmation that your watch has been received.
- The watch battery replacement will be carried out, including a pressure test if applicable.
- Your watch will be returned using Royal Mail Special Delivery (the price includes this return postage). You will receive confirmation of its dispatch and tracking details.
Optional vacuum and pressure test:
- The vacuum and pressure test is recommended for all quality watches with rated water resistance of 50m (5atm) and more.
- Not all watch pressure tests are the same. The water resistance of your watch will be tested with a highly sophisticated ‘dry’ pressure tester, measuring minute deformation of the glass/case under pressure to establish water resistance (this is a much safer and reliable way to test than the cheaper ‘wet’ pressure tests). It can be tested up to a pressure of 10barG.
- A vacuum and pressure test will be carried out to check water resistance of the watch on arrival.
- If it passes the test, it is expected that it will pass the water resistance after battery replacement, and another test will be carried out prior to returning the watch to verify this after the battery replacement.
- If the watch does not pass the test upon arrival, it may be possible to try to restore water resistance (e.g. by replacing the caseback gasket), but please note that it is sometimes not possible unless a full service is carried out.
- Guarantees for water resistance over time cannot be provided, the vacuum and pressure test confirm that the watch is resistant to water ingress at the time of test.
This service does not cover the following:
- Breitling Emergency type watch
- Sinn oil filled watches
- Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso watches (although I can replace the battery on these watches at extra cost – please contact me for details)
- Seiko Kinetic (although I can carry out capacitor replacements, see link) or other watches with rechargeable batteries.
- Watches with multiple batteries.
For anything unconventional please do not hesitate to get in touch